Saturday 21 March 2009

Have you ever stopped to think...? (8/31/08)

Have you ever stopped to think that you might be someone's role model without knowing it?

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe someone models their life after yours?

Have you ever stopped to think that the choices you make not only affect you and your spiritual walk, but someone else's as well?

Have you ever stopped and thought, "Maybe I shouldn't do this... or maybe I shouldn't say that... or maybe I shouldn't encourage this kind of behavior, because someone else might be watching, and their chance at salvation or their chance at getting closer to Jesus might be negatively affected because of something you are about to do, say, or encourage"?

This is something God kind of "laid on my heart" this morning -- something I felt like God was pressing me not only to hear but to ADHERE.

Next time you are about to do something you know is wrong, ask yourself this question, "Do the pleasures of this sin outweigh the cost of causing someone else to fall?"

Think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment