Wednesday 25 March 2009

Current thoughts, fears, observations.

This week in my "Great books" class in school we started reading a book titled "On the origins of species" (the book that revolutionized Evolution). Which was written by, none other than Charles Darwin, himself.

Every time I start diving into the book's content, I can't help but to be overwhelmed by the fact that a mere mortal can be so incredibly influential on the rest of society.

I can't help but realize how one man has skewed the truth for so many people.

I can't help but realize how the writings of ONE man so easily caused MILLIONS of people to come to the wrong conclusion of God, and how easy it was for him to drag others down the path of death and destruction.

And I can't help but wonder... am I doing the same thing?

Now, obviously I'm not a published author. And I'll probably never write anything that will influence millions of people's lives... (be it in a positive or negative way), but that's not the point.

The point is, am I living my life in such a way that is causing others to come to the wrong conclusions of God, or more specifically, Christianity in general?

If I profess to be a Christian, but I act in such a way that causes other's view of Christianity to become skewed, how does that make me any different than Mr. Darwin?

Hebrews 12:1 says, "Therefore, since we are surroumded with such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everytging that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverence the race marked out for us."

Conclusion: I want to live my life in such a way that others will look at me and my life and see Jesus in the flesh; not just a typical "T-shirt Christian," whose religion only goes as far as chanting some heartless "sinners prayer."
That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Good word. I like the conclusion section at the end!

    ReplyDelete